Hypnosis is a focusing of attention and a deep state of relaxation, much like “controlled day-dreaming” which produces an altered state of consciousness, sometimes referred to as a ‘trance.’ Hypnosis is a natural human function that we experience many times a day including when we fall asleep and when we wake up. Hypnosis is a highly suggestible state that uses the art of visualization and verbal stimuli to enhance, as well as play on, the suggestibility of the hypnotized. Everyone is capable of entering a hypnotic state; some people are just reluctant to release and relax enough to do so.
Hypnosis is not sleep. It is not scary, dangerous, evil, or related to the occult. Hypnosis is not about being controlled and does not negate free will.
A big reason why clients resist going into hypnosis is because they often have preconceived notions about what it feels like. With this in mind I would like to clarify a few points:
- This is not stage hypnosis which is done for entertainment value, therefore, you will not “quack like a duck” or do anything like that.
- You are always in full control and, for the most part, you will remember everything. In fact, you can get up and end the session at any time.
- Hypnosis is not about my control over you; it is about your greater control over you because you are tapping into your unconscious mind to aid you in achieving your goals.
- A person will never do anything while under hypnosis that they wouldn’t do otherwise. I cannot tell you to rob a bank unless you are already a bank robber.
- We go in and out of hypnosis many times every day. Have you ever missed an exit on the highway because you were deep in thought? This is hypnosis. Have you ever been so deep in thought that you couldn’t remember driving home from work? This is hypnosis.
- In fact, you really won’t be able to tell that you were hypnotized at all because it doesn’t feel any different than being totally relaxed.
The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. -William James
Hypnosis is far more effective than traditional psychotherapy in that numerous studies have shown that not only is the recovery rate much higher but it also shortens the number of sessions necessary with minimal chance of relapse. With hypnosis, the use of verbal stimuli is used to create a hyper suggestive state that circumvents bias and previous conditioning to allow for less logical interference.
The purpose of hypnosis as a therapeutic technique is to help you understand and gain more control over your behavior, emotions, or physical well-being. -The Mayo Clinic
Some common uses of hypnosis are, most if not all, related to personal growth issues like self-esteem/confidence, empowerment, boundaries, behavior, and reducing stress. Hypnosis can also be used to enhance memory recall. In the past, hypnosis has been used to treat numerous psychological issues but is also now being used in conjunction with other therapies to treat physical conditions like pain management, fatigue, and addictions. Hypnosis can also be used for fear reduction, reframing, and psychic development.
Hypnosis is an extension of my coaching methodology but individual hypnosis sessions are available that cover metaphysical concepts such as:
- Astral Travel (OBE)
- Psychic Development (Enhancing the Clair’s)
- Meeting Spirit Guides
- Regression Therapies (Current & Past Life, Alien Abduction & Experiencer)[‘Regression’ refers to the process of taking a client back to an earlier period of this life or a past life to explore memories & experiences that may be impacting them in the present.]
Each Hypnosis session lasts approximately 1 hour and is done online (ex. Skype) or in-person. Every client is provided an audio recording of the session to listen to on their own.
Individual Hypnosis sessions are $75
**To schedule a 15-30 min Free Consult or to book appointments please fill out the contact form below. Requests are typically answered within 48 hours.
Check out my Grounding & Chakra Activation- Guided Meditation/Hypnosis FREE below: